FM Shah Mehmood to meet US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo today
Pakistan's foreign minister and Pompeo first held talks in Islamabad earlier this month in which both the sides stressed resetting the ties; Prime Minister Imran Khan and Military CHief, General Qamar Javed Bajwa was also present in the meeting.
FM Shah Mehmood urges US not to lose 'old friends' 09:37 AM | 29 Sep, 2018
NEW YORK - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi Friday said that Pakistan was trying to reconnect with the United ...
"I will meet Secretary Pompeo during my visit to the United Nations General Assembly," he had said after the high-level Islamabad huddle.
The foreign minister earlier represented Pakistan in the 73rd United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) session in New York where he spoke at length on issues pertaining to Kashmir, India, regional peace and Islamophobia.
According to the foreign office, the foreign minister will return back to the country on October 3.
Qureshi-Pompeo meeting comes at a time when Islamabad and Washington are engaged in a tug of war over multiple issues from terrorism to peace in Afghanistan.
The US is repeating calls that Pakistan needs to act against the Haqqani Network while Pakistan contends that it was engaged in widespread military operations against terrorists without any discrimination.
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020