Jordanian King, COAS Bajwa discuss bilateral cooperation
RAWALPINDI - Jordanian King Abdullah Ibn Al Hussain has expressed earnest desire to enhance cooperation with Pakistan in multiple fields including security, defence production, education and investment opportunities, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said on Tuesday.
He expressed this desire at a meeting with Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa during his three-day official visit to Jordan.
The two sides discussed the regional security situation and bilateral cooperation.
The army chief assured King Abdullah-II that Pakistan has the highest regard for Jordan and will welcome any positive initiative.
The Jordanian King awarded the medal 'Order of the Military Merit' to General Qamar Javed Bajwa in recognition of his services for improving defence and security relations between the two brotherly countries.
Earlier, the Chief of Army Staff met Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff of Jordanian Armed Forces, Lt Gen Mahmoud Abdul Haleem Farihat and offered full cooperation in defence relations, training and joint exercises.
The Jordanian Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff thanked General Bajwa saying that Jordan considers Pakistan to be one of the most reliable partners and is ready to take the relationship to the next level.
Both the sides expressed satisfaction over convergence in strategic views and the considerable efforts towards improving peace and stability.
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- FBR directed to stop menace of fake and flying invoices10:10 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020