Jordanian King, COAS Bajwa discuss bilateral cooperation
RAWALPINDI - Jordanian King Abdullah Ibn Al Hussain has expressed earnest desire to enhance cooperation with Pakistan in multiple fields including security, defence production, education and investment opportunities, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said on Tuesday.
He expressed this desire at a meeting with Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa during his three-day official visit to Jordan.
The two sides discussed the regional security situation and bilateral cooperation.
The army chief assured King Abdullah-II that Pakistan has the highest regard for Jordan and will welcome any positive initiative.
The Jordanian King awarded the medal 'Order of the Military Merit' to General Qamar Javed Bajwa in recognition of his services for improving defence and security relations between the two brotherly countries.
Earlier, the Chief of Army Staff met Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff of Jordanian Armed Forces, Lt Gen Mahmoud Abdul Haleem Farihat and offered full cooperation in defence relations, training and joint exercises.
The Jordanian Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff thanked General Bajwa saying that Jordan considers Pakistan to be one of the most reliable partners and is ready to take the relationship to the next level.
Both the sides expressed satisfaction over convergence in strategic views and the considerable efforts towards improving peace and stability.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019