Eight detained in Mexico over baby buying scheme
MEXICO CITY (APP) - Eight people suspected of paying thousands of dollars to adopt babies in northern Mexico under an illegal scheme have been detained, authorities said Tuesday.
The prosecutor's office of Sonora state, which borders the United States, issued arrest warrants last Thursday against 16 people in the case over the illegal adoptions of nine children.
The eight people who were arrested have shown the attitude of any "loving parent and they have cooperated with the investigation," Sonora chief prosecutor Carlos Navarro told Milenio television.
- Balochistan's first woman SHO takes charge11:24 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022