ZA Bhutto's 38th death anniversary: Sindh govt announces public holiday on Tuesday
Bhutto, the founder of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), was executed in 1979.
According to a notification issued by the provincial government, all government offices, semi-government, autonomous bodies, corporations and local councils under the administrative control of the province will remain closed.
‘Quran Khwani’ and ‘Fateha Khwani’ will be held in all divisional, district, tehsil and city offices for the eternal peace of the souls of Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and Shaheed Benazir Bhutto.
Seminars, public meetings, majalis, dialogue and mushairas will also be held to highlight the contributions of Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto.
Newspapers will publish special editions and private TV channels will broadcast special programmes to highlight his contributions.
On 2 April 2011 former president Asif Ali Zardari approached the Supreme Court (SC) through a presidential reference under Article 186 of the Constitution to seek its opinion on revisiting the Bhutto’s murder trial. However, the reference remains undecided for the last four years.
- Former first lady leading 'malicious campaign' against state ...03:40 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- NEPRA hikes power tariff by Rs9.42 per unit for K-Electric02:58 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Dua Zehra’s age between 15-16 years, says latest medical report02:28 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Komal Meer treats fans with latest photoshoot01:07 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- 'Dil Karay' – Ali Zafar’s new romantic song leaves fans mesmerised12:23 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022