Another blow to Sharifs as Pakistan contacts Interpol to arrest Hassan, Hussain
ISLAMABAD - The Federal Investigation Agency has officially approached International Police (Interpol) for issuance of red warrants against sons of convicted ex-prime minister Nawaz Sharif who are staying in London.
The move came when the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) contacted the Ministry of Interior to take measures for extradition of Hassan and Hussain Nawaz, who have been declared absconder by and accountability court, following the issuance of their perpetual arrest warrants by an accountability court in the Avenfield case verdict.
The Avenfield case is one of the three reference filed by the anti-graft buster agency against members of Sharif family - the ex-premier, his sons, daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law Captain (retd) Safdar - in the light of the Panama Papers case verdict. All these members of Sharif family are named in the Avenfield case, while Nawaz and his sons have been made respondents in all of them.
Last month, the trial court announced verdict in the London flats references, awarding sentences to Nawaz, Maryam and Safdar, who are currently serving their terms in the Adiala Jail. However, the sons of Sharif failed to appear before the court for their trial despite repeated summons.
Avenfield reference verdict: Nawaz Sharif, Maryam ... 09:50 AM | 6 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - An accountability court handed a 10 year sentence and £8 million (Rs1.29 billion) to Pakistan's former ...
“We have dispatched official request seeking the arrest of ex-premier Nawaz Sharif’s sons through Interpol on Thursday. Interpol Lyon, France Headquarter, also acknowledged its receipt around 10pm,” a senior official of the FIA told a daily English newspaper.
“Red warrants request was sent through I-24/7 online system of FIA, which has direct communication with the International Criminal Police Organisation”.
Earlier, Pakistan had contacted the Interpol for issuance of red warrants for former finance minister Ishaq Dar who is absconder in a assets reference since last year when he was allowed to go abroad on medical grounds and he did not came back.
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PTM's Ali Wazir, Mohsin Dawar among 15 arrested in Islamabad06:50 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistani pavilion inaugurated at Arab Health Exhibition in Dubai04:57 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- 32 early harvest projects completed under CPEC in 5 years04:52 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019