Qatari royal family members reach Pakistan
A letter of the Qatar prince was also submitted by the Prime Minister’s children’s counsel Akram Sheikh in the Supreme Court during the Panama Leaks case.
According to the letter written by Prince Hamad Bin Jassim bin Jaber Al-Thani, “Mian Muhammad Sharif sold his business in Dubai in the early 1980s and invested 12 million Qatri Dirhams in the real estate business of the Al-Thani family in Qatar. Flats number 17, 17a, 16 and 16a at Avenfield House, Park Lane, London which are now owned by the Sharif family were registered in the names of two offshore companies and were purchased from the proceedings of the real estate business.”
“Later in 2006, the accounts in relation to the above investment were settled between Mr Hussain Nawaz Sharif and the Al-Thani family, who then delivered the bearer shares of the companies [which owned the flats] to a representative of Mr Hussain Nawaz Sharif”, the letter said.
The Premier is being tried for the alleged offshore accounts owned by his children named in the Panama Leaks.
- Shehbaz Sharif, son Hamza released from Lahore jail on parole04:23 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- FM Qureshi discusses Islamophobia, Kashmir situation with OIC ...03:08 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Indian Navy's MiG-29K crashes into Arabian Sea, pilot missing12:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- No, Ataullah Esakhailvi is not dead!11:59 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Urwa Hocane's father responds to 'separation' with Farhan Saeed07:25 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020