First polio case of 2019 reported from Bajaur
According to Focal Person to Prime Minister on Polio Eradication Babar Atta, the victim was an 11-month old child to Khar area of Bajaur district. With this case the ongoing active virus circulation in Bajour tribal district had paralysed, he added.
He said Bajour had now reported six polio cases alone during the last three months.
“This also justifies the action I took last week during my visit to Bajour Agency by removing seven polio officers for showing negligence towards their duties. Bajour, like many other districts did nothing the whole year 2017-18 but celebrate that they had “zero” polio case.”
Hero polio vaccinator leaves Pakistan’s PM ... 01:30 PM | 31 Jan, 2019
ISLAMABAD — Prime Minister Imran Khan has appreciated the polio workers, who performed their duties in heavy snow, ...
He said, “Same goes for Lahore and now Faisalabad as well. Both cities have active polio virus circulation in the sewage but since the last many years they are in “celebration” mode. My next target will be to give a wake-up call to administrations of Rawalpindi, Lahore and Faisalabad.”
- Shahnawaz Amir’s remand extended in Sarah Inam murder case01:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- CM Pervez Elahi inaugurates Punjab Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Programme12:47 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:53 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 03 October 202211:48 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022