Top civil, military leadership discuss security, foreign policy in Islamabad meeting
Chairing a high-level meeting in Islamabad on Tuesday, the premier emphasized that Pakistan believes in peaceful co-existence with all the countries of the region.
The panel evaluated various policy options in response to different challenges in regard to foreign relations.
The participants focused on issues pertaining to regional, external and internal security situation.
The meeting also reviewed the current status of Pakistan’s relations with its neighbors and strategic partners. "It (the meeting) also reviewed bilateral and multilateral relations with neighboring countries, future roadmap for regional stability and maintenance of mutually beneficial relations with all countries in the region and beyond," an official at PM House told Daily Pakistan.
"The participants agreed that Pakistan's continued efforts and remarkable sacrifices of both men and material in the war against terrorism have produced positive results which are universally acclaimed," the official added.
Finance Minister Ishaq Dar, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa, ISI Director General Lt. General Naveed Mukhtar, Advisor to PM on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz, Special Assistant to PM Tariq Fatemi, National Security Advisor Lt. Gen. (r) Nasser Khan Janjua and other senior officials attended the meeting.
- Lt Gen Sarfraz Ali formally installed as Colonel Commandant of Azad ...09:07 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- British lawmakers laud Pakistan’s role in Afghanistan peace process08:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan issues visas to Indian pilgrims to visit Hindu shrine in ...07:53 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Sarah Khan and Falak Shabir's new romantic video goes viral05:23 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Syra Yousuf spills the beans about co-parenting and divorce06:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021