Court rejects PTI’s plea on heatstroke deaths
KARACHI (Web Desk) - A local court rejected a petition filed by PTI to seek registration of a case against Sindh Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah over deaths caused by the recent spell of sweltering heat in Karachi last week. The application was filed by PTI leader Imran Ismail.
More than 1250 people died in Karachi from heatstroke after the mercury soared to 45 degree Celsius, a record in three decades, private news channels reported.
PTI blamed the provincial government for failure to take appropriate measures to prevent the deaths and filed an application in the court.
Session judge Ahmed Suba heard the case and announced the case today.
- Terror suspect arrested in Indian occupied Kashmir was 'an active BJP ...12:14 AM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Fomer MQM minister Babar Ghauri arrested at Karachi airport11:52 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Deadline for Sharjah Government Communication Award submissions ...10:51 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Army chief tells military, intelligence officials to stay away from ...10:45 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- realme 9 Series Redefined Ultra-clear Smartphone Photography with ...10:25 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Merub Ali’s cute interaction with Sarah Khan’s daughter wins over ...07:10 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Shehnaaz Gill’s Punjabi version of ‘We Don’t Talk Anymore’ ...07:53 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- TikTok star Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:42 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022