Investigation officer in Ayyan Ali case shot dead
RAWALPINDI – A Customs inspector who was investigating Model Ayyan Ali's money laundering case has been shot dead near Dhook Khoda area on Wednesday.
According to police sources, Chaudhry Muhamamd Ejaz, 50, was on his way home when some identified criminals intercepted and shot him dead. They instantly fled the crime scene.
Police rushed to the site and shifted the body to hospital. The motive behind the killing has yet to be ascertained.
The area has been cordoned off and investigation is underway.
Earlier in March, two unidentified gunmen opened fire at Ayyan Ali's father Raja Muhammad Hafeez in Gojar Khan police precinct when he was driving to his daughter’s case hearing in Rawalpindi.
He received a bullet in his shoulder and was taken to Holy Family Hospital in Rawalpindi.
- At least 13 civilians shot dead by Indian army in case of 'mistaken ...12:24 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Co-actor held for recording, sharing nude videos of stage actors in ...11:49 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Sialkot lynching: Priyantha’s body to reach Sri Lanka on Monday, ...11:27 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Nation remembers war hero Major Akram on 50th martyrdom anniversary10:53 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- M-Tag made mandatory for all vehicles on M2 motorway10:26 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's wedding 'confirmed'11:26 PM | 4 Dec, 2021