Huawei bags 2018 GSMA Award
The award was presented at a special ceremony held last evening, where Huawei was recognized for decades of advocating new technology standards, driving digital transformation, and building out the digital ecosystem, said a press release issued by the organisation.
Ken Hu, rotating and acting CEO at Huawei, received the award on behalf of the company. "Over the years, "we have worked with many of you to advance 3G, 4G – and now 5G and other ICT technologies," the CEO said while addressing the event.
"I am proud of what we've achieved, but the mobile industry is evolving. It will soon become the cornerstone of a fully connected, intelligent world, and we still have a lot of work to do," he added.
The GSMA’s Award for outstanding contribution to the mobile industry recognizes individuals, companies, and organisations that made significant contributions to the development of the ICT industry and the advancement of mobile communications.
"On behalf of the GSMA, I would like to congratulate Huawei on its commitment to pushing the industry forward," said Sunil Bharti Mittal, Chairman, GSMA and Founder and Chairman, Bharti Enterprises. "In just 30 years, they have managed to become the largest supplier of mobile networking equipment in the world. Their contribution to global standards, approach to innovation, and commitment to helping customers and partners succeed will have a lasting impact on the future of our industry."
From 2007 to 2016, Huawei's total R&D investment surpassed US$48 billion dollars, having invested $11 billion in 2016 alone. In recent years, Huawei has concentrated on building out the next generation of digital infrastructure by driving innovation in cloud, artificial intelligence, and 5G technologies. It continues to funnel 10%-15% of its annual revenue back into R&D each year.
- PML-N, PPP lock horns as polling begins for NA-133 by-election09:51 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Covid-19 claims 6 lives, infects 372 more in 24 hours09:29 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:09 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 05 December 202108:45 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's wedding 'confirmed'11:26 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Celebrities dazzle at James Bond-themed party in Karachi04:33 PM | 4 Dec, 2021