Pakistan proposes to ban all mobile night packages
Farooq Hamid Naek chaired the meeting to consider and finalise the recommendations of the committee for the Finance Bill, 2018. The committee proposed the ban on night packages which include SMS, calls and internet packages.
Senator Siraj-ul-Haq recommended that gross sales tax and sales tax imposed on cellular users should be withdrawn and a ban should be imposed on all kinds of night packages.
However, the committee recommended sending the matter of night packages to Ministry of Information Technology and Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), it put off the matter related to advance tax on mobile phone recharge.
Senator Muhammad Ateeq Shiekh during the meeting said, consumers, have to pay Rs28 on Rs100 card which is an unfair tax on poor people. The government should remove advance and withholding tax being charged on Rs100 mobile card.
Senator Ateeq mentioned that he’s bringing a complete proposal on the matter and it was decided to discuss the matter in detail at later date.
Moreover, Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar today (Thursday), took notice of tax deduction on mobile recharges and issued a notice to Government and cellular companies.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019