Pakistan proposes to ban all mobile night packages
Farooq Hamid Naek chaired the meeting to consider and finalise the recommendations of the committee for the Finance Bill, 2018. The committee proposed the ban on night packages which include SMS, calls and internet packages.
Senator Siraj-ul-Haq recommended that gross sales tax and sales tax imposed on cellular users should be withdrawn and a ban should be imposed on all kinds of night packages.
However, the committee recommended sending the matter of night packages to Ministry of Information Technology and Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), it put off the matter related to advance tax on mobile phone recharge.
Senator Muhammad Ateeq Shiekh during the meeting said, consumers, have to pay Rs28 on Rs100 card which is an unfair tax on poor people. The government should remove advance and withholding tax being charged on Rs100 mobile card.
Senator Ateeq mentioned that he’s bringing a complete proposal on the matter and it was decided to discuss the matter in detail at later date.
Moreover, Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar today (Thursday), took notice of tax deduction on mobile recharges and issued a notice to Government and cellular companies.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020