Pakistan rejects Indian political maps showing AJK, GB parts
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan on Sunday rejected as “incorrect” and “legally untenable” the political maps of India issued by the country's home ministry displaying Jammu and Kashmir region and seeking to depict parts of Gilgit-Baltistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir within the territorial jurisdiction of India.
According to a Foreign Office statement, the maps issued by Indian home ministry on Saturday(Nov 2, 2019) were incorrect, legally untenable, void and in complete violation of the relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions (UNSCR).
“Pakistan rejects these political maps, which are incompatible with the United Nations’ maps,” the Foreign Office spokesman said.
He reiterated that no step by India could change the “disputed” status of Jammu and Kashmir recognized by the United Nations.
He said such measures by the Government of India could not prejudice the inalienable right to self-determination of the people of Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
“Pakistan would continue supporting the legitimate struggle of the people of Indian occupied Jammu and Kashmir for exercising their right to self-determination in accordance with the relevant UN Security Council Resolutions,” he added.
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan gives powerful response after India raises objection over GB ...07:03 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020