Former first lady of Malaysia arrested on money laundering charges
Rosmah was arrested after five hours of questioning at the MACC headquarters in the administrative center of Putrajaya, the anti-graft body said in a statement.
She will be brought to court on Thursday to face charges related to the anti-money laundering law.
Local media reported that Rosmah could faces up to 20 charges, mostly under the country's anti-money laundering law in connection to receiving funds from SRC International, a former subsidiary of 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB).
Meanwhile, her husband Najib faces more than 30 charges in connection with 1MDB and SRC International, involving hundreds of millions of U.S. dollars deposited into his personal account.
Najib has denied any wrongdoing and pledged not guilty to all the charges.
- Austerity drive: How much amount PM Imran saved in last three years?02:53 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Islamabad United's Hassan Ali opts to stay for the remainder of PSL 601:45 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- ISPR releases first episode of military reality show ‘60 Hours to ...11:43 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021