ICC Cricket World Cup trophy reaches Lahore
The Garrard-made trophy, during its Pakistan tour, will travel to three cities: Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi.
The trophy will then travel to Islamabad from October 6 to 8 and then Karachi from October 9 to 13.
The WC trophy in the first phase of the tour will be paraded from the Gaddafi Stadium Lahore to Shaukat Khanum Hospital on a bus.
The Trophy Tour started its journey on August 27 from the ICC headquarters in Dubai. During the nine-month tour, the Trophy Tour will travel not only to countries taking part in the tournament but for the first time ever will go beyond traditional cricket heartlands and connect with fans in a further 11 countries where cricket is growing including Nepal, United States and Germany.
During its journey, the ICC Cricket World Cup Trophy will visit iconic and unusual locations, communities, schools, universities and even peoples’ homes in a bid to connect people globally in what will be the most unique, and accessible Trophy Tour to date.
The cricket World Cup will take place in England and Wales from May 30 to July 14, 2019.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - 12 June 202109:25 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 1,194 new cases, 57 deaths08:45 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 12 June 202107:59 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi and Aagha Ali concerned for uniformed personnel, ...06:28 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how ‘detective’ Muneeb Butt caught a thief (VIDEO)03:26 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021