NA approves changes in composition of committee probing election rigging
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Ali Muhammad Khan moved the motion and said that
National Assembly passed a motion earlier on September 18, 2018 for constituting a committee of the House to investigate the charges of election rigging.
He said that it has been agreed to bring change in the composition of the committee and the Senate is being given representation in it.
Poll rigging: Govt, opposition agree on formation ... 11:10 AM | 18 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Keeping in view the demand of opposition parties for a high-level probe into alleged rigging during general ...
Ali Muhammad said, there would be 30 members of this Parliamentary Committee of which ten would be from Senate.
Moreover, the minister said that 50% members would be from the treasury benches and 50% from the opposition benches.
The chairman of the committee would be from the treasury benches, he said adding that the government has fulfilled its promise to investigate into allegations regarding election rigging which the previous government did not.
- Former Mossad chief reveals how Israel stole Iranian nuclear documents11:55 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- US lawmaker removed for helping crowd breach State Capitol10:45 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi and Aagha Ali concerned for uniformed personnel, ...06:28 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how ‘detective’ Muneeb Butt caught a thief (VIDEO)03:26 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021