AJK Prime Minister sacks MQM ministers
MUZAFFARABAD (Staff Report) – Azad Jammu Kashmir (AJK) Prime Minister Chaudhry Abdul Majeed on Tuesday sacked two of his cabinet members belonging to Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) following an ultimatum of 72 hours to dissociate themselves from party chief Altaf Hussain.
Those dismissed by the premier, Mohammad Tahir Khokhar and Mohammad Salim Butt, were functioning as ministers for transport and sports respectively. Both were elected as members of constitution assembly on ticket of MQM in 2011.
“The prime minister took action under section 14 (3) of AJK interim constitution act, 1974,” the notification read that sacking will be effective immediately.
Earlier MQM chief Altaf Hussain welcomed a mountainous criticism after he urged party workers to write letters to United Nations and Nato to send troops in Karachi to stop persecution Muhajirs.
The federal government has also decided to send a reference against MQM head to Britain asking to take notice of his derogatory remarks about armed forces of Pakistan and requesting India and Nato to intervene in the country militarily.
Th notification issued by AJK government:
- ‘Proud of you’ — PM Imran congratulates Team Pakistan for T20 ...11:05 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- PAKvIND: Pakistan make India bite the dust in first encounter of T20 ...10:29 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Jamal Kamal Khan resigns as Balochistan CM, cabinet dissolved09:12 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Chinese company announces resumption of work on Dasu hydropower ...08:15 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari reacts to his shirtless viral video01:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021