AJK Prime Minister sacks MQM ministers
MUZAFFARABAD (Staff Report) – Azad Jammu Kashmir (AJK) Prime Minister Chaudhry Abdul Majeed on Tuesday sacked two of his cabinet members belonging to Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) following an ultimatum of 72 hours to dissociate themselves from party chief Altaf Hussain.
Those dismissed by the premier, Mohammad Tahir Khokhar and Mohammad Salim Butt, were functioning as ministers for transport and sports respectively. Both were elected as members of constitution assembly on ticket of MQM in 2011.
“The prime minister took action under section 14 (3) of AJK interim constitution act, 1974,” the notification read that sacking will be effective immediately.
Earlier MQM chief Altaf Hussain welcomed a mountainous criticism after he urged party workers to write letters to United Nations and Nato to send troops in Karachi to stop persecution Muhajirs.
The federal government has also decided to send a reference against MQM head to Britain asking to take notice of his derogatory remarks about armed forces of Pakistan and requesting India and Nato to intervene in the country militarily.
Th notification issued by AJK government:
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- US forces leave key Afghanistan military base05:22 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone TAUKTAE 'will not make landfall on Pakistan's coastal belt'04:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- FM Qureshi reaffirms Pakistan's unflinching support to Palestinians ...03:38 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021