Nawaz appears SC in 33-year-old Pakpattan shrine land case
ISLAMABAD - Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif on Tuesday arrived at the Supreme Court in a land allotment case of Auqaf property attached to the shrine of Hazrat Baba Fariduddin Masud Ganj Shakar in Pakpattan.
Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar has summoned the PML-N chief to appear before the court to explain his position in case of illegal allotment of Auqaf Department’s land in Pakpattan to an individual, Dewan Ghulam Qutab, in violation of a Lahore High Court order.
The case was filed in 1985 and some 33-year-old when Nawaz was the chief minister of Punjab province.
Former PM, in his reply, had requested the court to discharge the notice issued to him in the interest of justice. He had contended that the case was a very old matter, and therefore he did not recall having passed any such order.
In 2015, former chief justice Nasirul Mulk had taken a suo motu notice over the illegal allotment of the shrine land to individuals in 1985 in violation of the LHC order.
- Pakistan’s mediation between Iran, Saudi Arabia making progress: PM ...01:51 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020