Appointment of ECP members deferred for one week as govt-opposition deadlock continues
ISLAMABAD - - Matter for the appointment of members of the Election Commission (ECP) has been deferred for one week as the government and opposition on Wednesday failed to break a deadlock on the issue.
In-camera meeting of the parliamentary committee for appointment of members of the ECP was held in Islamabad on Wednesday with Minister for Human Rights Dr Shireen Mazari in the chair.
The committee decided to finalize the name of members and Chief Election Commissioner at the same time.
The committee is pondering upon the names proposed by Prime Minister Imran Khan and Opposition Leader Shahbaz Sharif for the ECP members, Radio Pakistan reported.
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020