Khadim Rizvi, other TLP leaders remanded to jail till Feb 8
LAHORE – An anti-terrorism court on Monday extended judicial remand of Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) chief Khadim Hussain Rizvi and five others in provocative speeches and ransacking case till February 8.
Earlier, besides Khadim Hussain Rizvi, TLP leaders including Pir Afzal Qadri, Ashraf Asif, Ejaz Ashrafi, and two others were produced before ATC Judge Sheikh Sajjad Ahmad on expiry of their judicial remand.
In response to a court query, the police submitted that the challan (charge-sheet) had not been finalised yet. The court was requested to allow few days time for the purpose.
At this, the court directed police to submit challan as soon as possible and extended the judicial remand till February 8.
Faizabad sit-in: SC to announce judgment on Feb 6 11:31 PM | 4 Feb, 2019
ISLAMABAD – The Supreme Court would announce reserved judgment in case pertaining to suo motu notice on Faizabad ...
The Civil Lines police had registered a case against the accused on charges of making provocative speeches, ransacking of the government and public properties and others during protests.
The government had taken TLP chief and others into protective custody on November 23, 2018 from Lahore. However, later on, they were handed over to the police for investigation.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019