Imran, Erdoğan discuss bilateral relations, regional issues in Turkey
Both the leaders discussed various issues including bilateral relations, national and international issues of mutual interests.
A high-level delegation including Foreign Minister Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Finance Minister Asad Umar, Planning Minister Makhdoom Khusro Bakhtiar, Adviser on Trade Abdul Razak Dawood and Special Assistant to PM Zulfikar Bukhari is accompanying the PM during his first tour to Turkey.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan received PM Imran KhanPosted by Prime Minister's Office of Pakistan on Friday, January 4, 2019
Earlier today, the premier addressed a delegation of Turkey-Pakistan Business Council of Foreign Economic Relations Board of Turkey (DEIK) in Ankara.
The premier said that it was high time that Pakistan and Turkey took their bilateral trade to a high level, citing Pakistan’s ideal geo-strategic location and its huge potential for investment in infrastructure and tourism.
Pakistan was a virgin territory as a lot of trade areas had not yet been exploited and hardly five percent of total mineral reserves could yet be explored, PM said during the address.
TOBB is the highest legal entity in Turkey representing the private sector with 365 member associations from local chambers of commerce and industry.
Moreover, PM Imran also visited the Mausoleum of Ghazi Mustafa Kemal Ataturk and laid a floral wreath at the grave and noted his remarks in the Golden Book.
In his remarks in the Golden Book, the prime minister wrote that it was an honour for him to pay homage to one of the greatest statesman and visionary leader of the 20th century-Ghazi Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.
Before landing in the Turkish capital, Khan visited the tomb of renowned jurist and Islamic scholar Maulana Jalaluddin Rumi and laid a wreath at the grave in the Turkish city of Konya.
- TikTok star Marvi Chaudhry booked in Islamabad man’s murder case10:50 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- 'We want peace, stability in region,' says PM Imran Khan in address ...09:27 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran reaffirms Pakistan’s unwavering support to Afghan peace ...08:58 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Faisal Iqbal cleared to rejoin Balochistan cricket team08:20 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Minor among two injured in Indian troops firing along LoC07:23 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities offer their respects to Dean Jones04:27 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Nimra Ali: Pakistan's new social media sensation04:08 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich break up 2 months after engagement11:33 AM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020