Army chief lays foundation stone of Gwadar desalination plant, links Pakistan's prosperity to Balochistan
According to the ISPR, the project fulfils long-awaited demand of locals which shall provide them 4.4 million gallons water per day with the capacity to increase to 8.8 million gallons per day.
The desalination plant will get completed in 6-8 months and shall resolve the scarcity of drinking water in the area and also reduce hardships of the local population to fetch water from far-flung areas.
While highlighting the importance of ongoing projects as part of Khushal Balochistan programme, the army chief said all measures in coordination with civil government will be taken to bring peace and prosperity in Balochistan.
He said that these projects will transform the lives of people of Balochistan, and emphasised that the potential of Balochistan as the regional economic hub will only be realized when people of Balochistan are best served by these projects.
Chief Minister Balochistan Mir Abdul Qudoos Bazinjo, Ambassador of UAE in Pakistan, Commander FC Lt. Gen. Asim Saleem Bajwa, DG FWO and a large number of locals were present on the occasion.
Later tonight, the COAS will attend the closing ceremony of Makran Festival in connection with Baloch Culture Day.
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020