Interpol refuses Pakistan's request to issue red warrants against Ishaq Dar
LONDON - The International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol) on Sunday rejected a request by the Pakistan government to issue a red arrest warrant notice against Ishaq Dar, the former finance minister of Pakistan.
According to Geo News, the global police body cited lack of evidence and any proof of wrongdoing as the reasons behind its decision to not issue the notice. Interpol has further instructed all its offices to delete all data on Mr Dar from its files.
In July 2018, the Pakistan government had requested the Interpol to issue a red arrest warrant for the former finance minister, who has been residing in London for around two years now in order to avoid arrest by the Pakistan authorities.
In a letter referenced LA/72615-260, Interpol said Dar is “not subject to an Interpol Red Notice or diffusion”.
Ishaq Dar provided evidence to Interpol and British authorities that his name was neither in Panama Leaks nor in the Supreme Court (SC) judgment of 20th April 2017.
He shared with the authorities that the Panama Joint Investigation Team (JIT) transgressed the mandate of Supre Court (SC) and filed an unfounded, mala fide and false report to the SC stating that Ishaq Dar had not filed tax returns in Pakistan for 20 years (1981-2001) with consequential challenging of the legitimacy of his large charitable donations and six years tax non-resident period in Pakistan.
He told the authorities that he never missed filing of any tax return in 34 years ended on 30th June 2017.
Dar has told authorities the incumbent PTI government is subjecting him to political persecution and victimization, the report added.
- .03:10 AM | 6 Jul, 2020
- COVID-19: India overtakes Russia as 3rd worst-hit county in the world12:07 AM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 231,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,746 confirmed ...11:49 PM | 5 Jul, 2020
- Afghanistan's Abdullah Abdullah likely to visit Pakistan11:25 PM | 5 Jul, 2020
- Esra Bilgiç may become Peshawar Zalmi's brand ambassador02:39 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I appeal the President to help the needy artists of Pakistan: Ali ...02:22 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I will go to court to lift the ban on PUBG: Wakar Zaqa06:31 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020