17 Peshawar University students injured in police baton charge
On the other hand, the university administration is of the view that the increase has been done after two years and so it should not bother the students.
Reports of students attacked with assault rifles by the KP police, 17 students are critical and in emergency, 22 have broken skulls, 17 have legs broken, some kidnapped. This is by Naya Pakistan govt to the youth. IK’s own children sturdy in Washington and London #shame pic.twitter.com/E6EylJH93W— Sidrah Memon (@SidrahMemon1) October 4, 2018
When the students started the demonstration, the police tried to control the situation through baton charge; the injured students were shifted to the Khyber Teaching Hospital while at least 28 of them were arrested by the authorities.
Naya Pakistan mein university students aala taleeem paatay huaye... pic.twitter.com/x7uR8jwBsQ— omar r quraishi (@omar_quraishi) October 4, 2018
Academic activities at the institution came to a standstill following the protest.
Commenting on the protest, Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari said students have a democratic right to demonstrate peacefully.
"Students of the Peshawar University were protesting for their rights. Strict action should be taken against those who tortured the protesting students," said Bilawal.
** جامعہ پشاور کے طلبہ اور طالبات اپنے حقوق کے لئے احتجاج کر رہے تھے: بلاول بھٹو— PPP (@MediaCellPPP) October 4, 2018
** گرفتار طلبہ کو فوری رہا کیا جائے اور فیس کم کی جائے: بلاول بھٹو
** زخمی طلبہ کو بہتر علاج معالجے کی سہولت دی جائے: بلاول بھٹو
** طلبہ پر وحشیانہ تشدد کرنے اور کرانے والوں کو سخت سزا دی جائے
He also demanded the immediate release of the arrested students and a reversal in the fee hike. PPP Chairman also asked for better medical treatment to the injured students and an strong action against those responsible for torture on students.
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020