Nawaz Sharif disqualified on 'Article' introduced by Gen Ziaul Haq in Constitution: Bilawal Bhutto
CHITRAL - Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on Saturday said that former prime minister Nawaz Sharif had been disqualified on those Articles of the Constitution which had been introduced by a military dictator General (later) Ziaul Haq.
He stated this while addressing a public gathering in Chitral, adding while referring to Article 62 and 63 of the Constitution, "We repeatedly highlighted that these laws have been added by a dictator unconstitutionally."
He commented that Nawaz Sharif wanted to use these articles against his political rivals, but himself became a victim of it.
"Don't be happy on just disqualification as you have to be accountable for every penny of the looted money," Bilawal said.
Referring to the recent inauguration of Lowari Tunnel, he said that ousted prime minister inaugurated the project, which had been initiated by the PPP.
Lashing out at PTI chief Imran Khan, he said that Nawaz Shair and Khan are two sides of the same coin.
Referring to Khan, he asked: " What kind of new things have you introduced in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) under the slogan of "change"?"
Highlighting the case of Ayesha Gulali who levelled serious allegations of harassment against PTI leadership, Bilawal said that accusations were being made by a minister within the party not an outsider.
The politics of Imran Khan revolves around accusing and abusing others, he said.
Bilawal accused Imran Khan and Jehangir Tareen of minting money through tenders, adding that the PTI was following the PML-N in this way.
- PTA slaps Jazz with Rs30 million fine over poor network quality11:52 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- One dead, several injured as police baton-charge MQM-P protesters in ...11:23 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Indian-origin Google CEO booked over unauthorised uploading of ...10:51 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- ‘SDG Investment Report 2021’ – FM Qureshi unveils Pakistan’s ...10:21 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Gold price jumps Rs500 per tola in Pakistan09:40 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Rihanna donates $15 million to climate justice04:22 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Atif Aslam praises wife Sara's 'sense of style' for picking his PSL 7 ...08:50 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Feroze Khan gears up for his first English rap single03:26 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021