Pakistan receives 371.1 million polio vaccines from UAE
According to Emirates News Agency, the UAE-PAP was launched under the directives of President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
The campaign is part of the efforts to eradicate polio in the world and reflects the UAE leadership s keenness to strengthen global efforts to reduce the spread of epidemics and prevent their impact on children.
Shaikh Mohammad bin Zayed donated $167 million (AED613.31 million) for the efforts aimed at eradicating poliomyelitis and the provision of vaccines for children, especially in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Pakistan, UAE to strengthen strategic bilateral ... 06:13 PM | 6 Jan, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan and Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the United Arab ...
Abdullah Khalifa Al Ghafli, Director of UAE-PAP, said the campaign administered 254.4 million doses of vaccines between 2014 and 2017 to 43 million Pakistani children. The geographical coverage of the campaign expanded in the past years to include 83 areas in four provinces of Pakistan, he added.
Al Ghafli praised the support provided by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for the UAE s campaign and its strategic partnership with His Highness Sheikh Mohamed’s initiative to eradicate poliomyelitis worldwide through funding and providing assistance in a number of areas.
The campaign is being implemented in various regions of Pakistan with the support of more than 96,000 workers including doctors and nurses and more than 25,000 members of safety and security, management and coordination teams.
KP sees major drop in polio cases during 2018 as ... 03:20 PM | 31 Dec, 2018
LAHORE - As many as 745 polio cases were reported in KP in the year 2018 registering a significant decrease as compared ...
As recently as 30 years ago, wild poliovirus paralysed more than 350 000 children in more than 125 countries every year. Today, the virus has been beaten back to less than 30 reported cases in 2018 in just two countries – Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- PM Imran to launch Pakistan’s biggest talent hunt sports programme ...10:28 AM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan imposes ban on entry from 15 countries as omicron fears grow09:49 AM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan logs 336 new Covid infections, 10 deaths in past 24 hours09:27 AM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 06 December 202108:43 AM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Sara Ali Khan, Ranveer Singh win hearts with killer dance moves on ...05:15 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Hira Khan’s new dance video goes viral04:40 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars spotted dancing at celebrity wedding04:06 PM | 5 Dec, 2021