Dust storms, rain hit Lahore & other cities
A dust storm dawned on the federal capital that followed by heavy rainfall. The rainfall lowered the mercury in Islamabad bringing much-needed respite to the residents.
Scattered rainfall is expected to continue in the region.
Earlier today, the Meteorological Department had forecast rainfall for Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Gujranwala, Lahore division and Kashmir.
However, the forecast did say the weather would remain hot even after the rainfall. The temperature will remain 1-2°C above long-term average in the plain areas of the country.
Lahore and suburban areas also experienced a dust storm just before Iftar on Tuesday.
The gusty winds, which followed light rain in parts of the city, turned the weather pleasant in the provincial capital.
The gusts were so strong that they downed several trees and shattered window panes of a few buildings in the city.
The storm also caused damage to PIA aircraft parked on the Lahore airport's apron.
- Karachi court sets aside order allowing exhumation of Aamir Liaquat ...11:26 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Islamabad police in action after video of harassing foreign women on ...10:06 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Nawaz Sharif, public in anger as petrol price up by Rs6.72 per litre09:15 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- At least 20 passengers killed after Karachi-bound sleeper bus rams ...08:51 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Faysal Quraishi gives major fitness goals with new shirtless picture09:05 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Nauman Ijaz shows PDA for wife on her birthday09:31 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022