Imran admits PTI MPAs sold their votes during Senate polls in KP
Imran Khan made these remarks while talking to media representatives in Karachi.
Imran had already been grumbling about the alleged horse trading in Senate Elections held on March 3 especially in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa where despite having just seven lawmakers, Pakistan People’s Party’s (PPP) two candidates succeeded to be elected as senators.
The price of Rs40 million was set to buy the conscience of each MPA, the PTI chief alleged. “The chief justice of Pakistan should take notice of the use of money in the Senate elections.”
The horse trading in Senate elections allowed PPP to win 2 seats in KP where they only have 7 MPAs. This sort of electoral farce raises some serious ethical questions.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) March 3, 2018
Imran added that whatever happened in relation with the Upper House polls was against democracy, demanding that investigative agencies should find out who was involved in horse-trading.
The chairman PTI said due to the terrorism and fear, educated people were not joining the politics in Karachi. He said no one took the responsibility of Karachi while God Father of Karachi himself moved to London.
Imran Khan said police had been destroyed in Karachi, adding they would bring KPK police system in Karachi. He said even police in Karachi was involved in crimes.
“We will establish new and stronger institutions in Pakistan,” Khan said.
Moreover, he said the Mayor Karachi Waseem Akhtar had also said that they needed the local government system like the one which had been introduced in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. “Election 2018 will change Pakistan,” he added.
- Pakistani origin young innovator named in Forbes' 30 Under 30 list11:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Teenage boy 'gang-raped', filmed by six in Punjab’s Pakpattan11:14 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Over 100 clerics of banned TLP placed on fourth schedule10:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-20-Updated ...09:56 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Govt to table resolution on French envoy’s expulsion in NA today: ...09:39 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Amir Liaquat's Nagin dance video goes viral06:19 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021