Pakistan formally places ban on Hafiz Saeed's JuD, FIF
ISLAMABAD - Implementing the National Action Plan in letter and spirit, Pakistan included Hafiz Saeed-led Jamaat ud Dawah (JuD) and its charity wing, Falah-e-Insaniat Foundation (FIF) in the list of 70 proscribed organisations.
National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA) issued the list of proscribed organisations with the latest addition of JuD and FIF for which an official notification has been issued on Tuesday; JuD and FIF were on the watch list earlier.
The ministry of interior's spokesperson had stated last month that the National Security Committee (NSC) in its meeting at the Prime Minister's office had reviewed the National Action Plan (NAP) in detail and decided to accelerate action against banned outfits.
"It was further decided that Jamat-ut-Dawa and Falah-e-Insaniat Foundation be notified as proscribed organizations by the Ministry of Interior," a statement had said.
The ban comes amid a massive crackdown against the banned outfits with the government announcing on Tuesday that it had taken 44 members of such organisations into custody.
Those detained include members of Jaish-e-Mohammed apart from others who were taken into 'preventive detention'. The interior secretary has clarified that the detentions have nothing to do with the dossier provided by India on the Pulwama attack.
The crackdown comes amid guidelines stated by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) to Pakistan in a bid to get itself out of the Grey List.
Information minister Fawad Chaudhry had confirmed on Sunday that the government had decided to take stern action against militant outfits, however, he fell short of revealing any timeline in this regard.
After the ordinance became ineffective, the two organisations were wiped off national list of proscribed organisations, however, this time, the two organisations have been notified as proscribed organisations through the Ministry of Interior.
- Nine Pakistani companies participate in 22nd Intersec Dubai04:57 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- ADB president calls on PM Imran in Davos04:10 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Bismah excited to lead Pakistan in ICC Women’s T20 WC03:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019