Pakistan formally places ban on Hafiz Saeed's JuD, FIF
National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA) issued the list of proscribed organisations with the latest addition of JuD and FIF for which an official notification has been issued on Tuesday; JuD and FIF were on the watch list earlier.
The ministry of interior's spokesperson had stated last month that the National Security Committee (NSC) in its meeting at the Prime Minister's office had reviewed the National Action Plan (NAP) in detail and decided to accelerate action against banned outfits.
"It was further decided that Jamat-ut-Dawa and Falah-e-Insaniat Foundation be notified as proscribed organizations by the Ministry of Interior," a statement had said.
The ban comes amid a massive crackdown against the banned outfits with the government announcing on Tuesday that it had taken 44 members of such organisations into custody.
Those detained include members of Jaish-e-Mohammed apart from others who were taken into 'preventive detention'. The interior secretary has clarified that the detentions have nothing to do with the dossier provided by India on the Pulwama attack.
The crackdown comes amid guidelines stated by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) to Pakistan in a bid to get itself out of the Grey List.
Information minister Fawad Chaudhry had confirmed on Sunday that the government had decided to take stern action against militant outfits, however, he fell short of revealing any timeline in this regard.
After the ordinance became ineffective, the two organisations were wiped off national list of proscribed organisations, however, this time, the two organisations have been notified as proscribed organisations through the Ministry of Interior.
- PTI files petition against JUI-F for receiving foreign funding05:44 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Blast heard in Saudi Arabia’s Riyadh05:16 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- US and Pakistan host private sector engagement forum in South Punjab05:10 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani-born Saima Mohsin set to make history as first Muslim US ...04:58 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Petition seeking ban on Tiktok, other apps accepted in LHC04:24 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Child labour? Video of Hamza Ali Abbasi’s sister with his son stirs ...03:45 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Indian extremist outfit Karni Sena announces award of Rs 1 crore for ...11:50 AM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Hareem Farooq copies Shah Rukh Khan in her recent Instagram post11:06 AM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021