43 killed and dozens wounded in five explosions in Syria
“We received information about a double explosion at the entrance to the city of Tartus, on the government highway under Arazona bridge,” RIA Novosti reports, citing local militia.
Sana news agency reported that some 30 people have been killed in the blasts and some 45 injured.
The first explosion was a car bomb. The second took place when a suicide bomber detonated an explosive belt as people gathered to help the injured from the first incident, a source at Tartous Police Command told the news agency.
State media also reported five people killed in Hasaka and two wounded in an "explosives-packed motorcycle" in the northeast of the country.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR), a Britain-based monitoring group, said the blast hit a checkpoint belonging to the Kurdish Asayesh security forces.
The blasts were later claimed by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) group.
- Budget 2021-22: Rs100 billion allocated to tackle Covid, natural ...08:14 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Pakistan earmarks ‘historic’ Rs91 billion for ...07:50 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: PTI govt allocates Rs102.6 billion for power sector ...07:35 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- TECNO finally launches the most anticipated Camon 17 series in a Tech ...07:30 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how ‘detective’ Muneeb Butt caught a thief (VIDEO)03:26 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Maya Ali all set to launch her clothing line02:27 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Riz Ahmed wishes to change Hollywood's representation of Muslims05:30 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021