Ayaz Sadiq rejects Sheikh Rashid's reference against PM Nawaz
The speaker has said the evidence provided by Sheikh Rashid along with his reference are insufficient, so the PM can not be de-seated on the basis of the evidence provided with the reference.
He said that reference filed by AML chief would not be sent to the election commission.
Earlier, Rashid had filed a 162-page reference for disqualification of the prime minister on the basis of Panama leaks to election commission on August 16.
Sheikh Rashid Ahmad has been informed by NA speaker in writing about the rejection of his reference.
With the disqualification reference, Sheikh had attached the documents of the prime minister’s nomination paper and annual statements of the prime minister for the year 2014 and 2016.
Meanwhile, Speaker Ayaz Sadiq has forwarded a reference to the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) seeking disqualification of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan from the assembly.
The reference includes evidence that Khan while declaring his assets, showed the 30-kanal land in Bani Gala as a 'gift'. When analysed carefully, it turns out that the land was sold by Jemima Khan and Imran Khan purchased it.
The revenue record of the land also substantiates the aforementioned facts, stated Sadiq in the reference.
- PCB allows Umar Akmal to resume club cricket from next month02:59 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Four Lahore girls, who went missing, say they ‘escape to get ...02:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- J.Rashid & Sons opens Pakistan’s first tyre flagship store in Lahore02:10 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021