27 ministries issued red letter as PM Office sets deadline for task completion
The red letter was issued to the secretaries for 27 federal ministries/divisions out of a total of 34 ministries, asking them to complete the tasks they were assigned by September 9 and to submit a compliance report to the PM Office.
According to the red letter issued to a ministry/division, it had earlier been given 30 days to complete certain tasks including the provision of the list of positions lying vacant at all levels for framing or update of recruitment rules,
provision of the list of positions lying vacant at all levels that could be re-designated, rationalised or deleted besides the provision of the list of officers/officials (all type of ex-cadres) eligible for promotion and not being promoted due to various reasons.
Moreover, the tasks assigned to the said ministry included timely disposal of all disciplinary proceedings initiated against government employees that are lying pending for more than three months as well as provision of data on a prescribed format regarding record/files to be archived, machinery, vehicles, equipment to be condemned and disposed-off as per the approved procedure.
The fresh letter said that in order to ensure clarity, two briefing sessions had also been convened.
Initially, a 'yellow letter' was issued to the ministry on August 17, highlighting that half of the time given for completion of the tasks had elapsed.
"Despite the above stated situation, the task got critically delayed and [is] now lying overdue at your end," the letter stated, adding that no further extension would be granted to the ministry.
The PM Office clarified that the red letter would be taken into account for the performance report of the concerned ministry/division, directing them to complete tasks for which deadlines had not yet elapsed.
- Lieutenant General (Retired) Ishfaq Nadeem passes away11:31 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- #PTI leader #HaleemAdilSheikh confirms marriage to party MPA ...11:09 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran inaugurates Digital Media Development Program for youth10:59 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani forces kill six terrorists during Balochistan operation09:44 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021