Pakistan observers Kashmir Solidarity Day today
Rallies will be staged across the country, while lawyers community attended the court hearings wearing black armband to register their protest against Indian atrocities in the Occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
The decision to observe April 6 as the Kashmir Solidarity Day was taken by the federal cabinet after Indian forcer in the latest act of state terrorism martyred 20 Kashmiris and injured hundreds of people, using weapons and pellet guns.
India imposes curfew after clashes leave 20 dead ... 05:47 PM | 2 Apr, 2018
SRINAGAR - At least 20 people are dead and 200 injured in Indian-administered Kashmir after fierce clashes between ...
On Monday, Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif said India has set the worst example of state terrorism in Occupied Kashmir.
He said the cabinet has decided that 6th of April (Friday) will be observed as Kashmir Solidary Day. The prime minister will address AJK Legislative Assembly to raise the enormity of the situation, he added.
The emergency meeting of the cabinet was convened on the killing of dozens of Kashmiris by Indian security forces.
The foreign minister said cabinet has also decided to send delegations to various countries to highlight the plight of Kashmiris.
In a statement released to the media, the cabinet in its endorsed resolution strongly condemned the brutal and discriminatory use of force by the Indian occupation forces that resulted in the martyrdom of more than 20 innocent Kashmiris in Shopian and Anantnag in the Indian Occupied Jammu & Kashmir.
Kashmir is one of the most militarised regions in the world, as India has stationed about half a million soldiers in the disputed territory.
Villages in south Kashmir, particularly Shopian, Pulwama and Anantnag have become rebel hotbeds since July 2016, after the killing of young rebel commander Burhan Wani.
Wani’s killing in a gunfight led to widespread protests in the region for five long months, during which over 100 civilians were killed, and hundreds lost their eyes to the pellet guns fired by forces.
Tens of thousands of people have been killed in the conflict in Kashmir, which nuclear-armed India and Pakistan claim in full.
- Former Mossad chief reveals how Israel stole Iranian nuclear documents11:55 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- US lawmaker removed for helping crowd breach State Capitol10:45 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi and Aagha Ali concerned for uniformed personnel, ...06:28 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how ‘detective’ Muneeb Butt caught a thief (VIDEO)03:26 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021