SC moved to cancel bail of Maryam Nawaz
ISLAMABAD - National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Friday filed a plea in the Supreme Court challenging the Lahore High Court's (LHC) decision for granting bail to Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Maryam Nawaz.
In the petition, NAB had pleaded the court that the LHC had not considered the case record in the correct manner.
It added that due to the LHC's decision, the prosecution's case had also been affected.
The accountability watchdog appealed before apex court to cancel Maryam's bail and declare the LHC's order as null and void.
The LHC had granted bail to the PML-N leader in the Chaudhry Sugar Mills case on November 4.
- WB approves additional financing of $700m for Dasu power project10:45 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- COVID-19: Over 5,100 died in US, global death toll rises to over ...10:03 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- CAA suspends international, domestic flights till April 1109:32 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 26 deaths; Coronavirus cases exceed 2,11008:28 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Hareem Shah to host a Ramazan transmission?04:25 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Van Gogh painting stolen from museum during virus shutdown04:03 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Kim Kardashian shares BTS of the nasty fight with sister Kourtney and ...04:01 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019