Arif Ahmed Khan appointed as finance secretary
Khan was previously serving as secretary of Economic Affairs Division. He previously served as secretary interior. The post had fallen vacant after the retirement of Shahid Mehmood.
In November, Prime Minister Abbasi had accepted Ishaq Dar’s request to be relieved of his duties as finance minister.
The PML-N leader has been declared a proclaimed offender by an accountability court in Islamabad hearing the corruption reference against him.
Earlier, in December, Member National Assembly Rana Muhammad Afzal took oath as Minister of State of Finance, in a ceremony held in the federal capital.
- Arrest warrant issued for PM's aide Shahbaz Gill in defamation suit02:56 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Sacked Indian teacher arrested for cheering Pakistan's victory in T20 ...01:46 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- WATCH: Babar Azam suggests interesting change in cricket rule01:04 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021