SC summons Nehal Hashmi again for post-release 'outrageous' speech
The directives were issued as a chief justice-led three-member bench took up Hashmi's intra-court appeal against his disqualification as a senator last month on contempt charges.
Hashmi, a firebrand leader of embattled PML-N was jailed for a month and disqualified for five years by the apex court in February, over his contemptuous remarks made in May, last year.
During the hearing, the chief justice remarked that the court has "taken a position on the matter, come what may".
I was victimised, asserts Nehal Hashmi after ... 04:46 PM | 28 Feb, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Nehal Hashmi, the former senator of ruling Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz asserted on Wednesday that he was ...
The chief justice observed during the hearing that Hashmi's punishment term could also be extended over his controversial remarks following his release from jail.
“This is the height of oppression, this is the state of this country,” said Hashmi who was showered with rose petals upon his release.
Expressing his allegiance with the former Premier Nawaz Sharif, Hashmi declared that only the Almighty Allah could bar him from working under the leadership of Nawaz Sharif.
“Conspirers! you are not the handlers of my life and livelihood,” noted the former legislator.
In a video that went viral on the internet shows a disgruntled Senator Nehal warning rivals and ‘some honourable officials associated with top institutions’ of dire consequences if they continued their concerns with the accountability of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
“Whoever is asking for accountability will retire tomorrow and we will deal with them,” insinuated Hashmi in a veiled threat to the top judiciary currently probing the ruling Sharif family in the backdrop of Panama papers.
Police arrest Nehal Hashmi from Supreme Court...Posted by Daily Pakistan Global on Wednesday, January 31, 2018
“Those grilling… [be warned that] we will arrange the day of judgment for you.”
“You are making the life of the prime minister difficult. The Pakistani nation will make it difficult for you to live,” he added, without taking any names.
- Saudi Arabia opens first drive-in cinema in Riyadh10:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- South Africa beat Pakistan by 13 runs in women’s 2nd ODI10:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Infinix unveils latest Hot 10 play at PKR 16,99910:10 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Russian-Pakistani invents ‘Covid cure’ – Who is this scientist ...09:40 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal tie the knot in private and ...09:23 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar-Mahmood’s wedding – Mehfil-e-Milad held at Bilawal House05:07 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal tie the knot today04:51 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Chaudhry The Martyr – Trailer of biopic on slain Karachi cop ...03:45 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021