Elderly man refuses to divorce friend's ex-wife after 'halala nikkah', thrashed in DG Khan
According to media reports, Samia Bibi and Siddique, having three children, decided to divorce after a dispute. After five months the ex-husband and wife resolved the dispute but, according to Shariah rules, it was decided that the woman would need to marry another man before they could remarry.
Siddique asked his close friend Aslam to marry his former wife. Aslam, after Halala, was recording his statement along with Samia Bibi in Magistrate's office in Tonsa when he was beaten by Samia's ex-husband and his companions.
The police have started investigating the matter.
The father of Samia Bibi said that they would not accept this marriage as they have betrayed us while the woman stated that she married Aslam just for Halala.
What is "Halala"?
It involves a female divorcee marrying someone else, consummating the marriage and then getting a divorce in order to make it permissible for her to remarry her previous husband.
- Biden phones Netanyahu, Abbas as death toll in Israeli airstrikes on ...07:54 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- US forces leave key Afghanistan military base05:22 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone TAUKTAE 'will not make landfall on Pakistan's coastal belt'04:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021