Man killed, two injured due to aftershocks in quake-hit Mirpur
The Ill-fated Nasaarat, son of Muhammad Rasheed, resident of Charhoi town of Kotli district was killed and two others including Muhammad Usman and an unidentified persons sustained injuries after roof of a poultry farm caved in as a result of the aftershock/earthquake of mild intensity jolted adjoining town of Jarri Kass in outskirt of Mirpur AJK at about 10.28 am on Sunday, Assistant Commissioner Mirpur Sub Division Yasir Riaz told APP on Sunday.
The above three injured persons were immediately rushed to Mirpur Divisional Headquarter Hospital where 35-year old Nasaarat succumbed to his serious injuries, the AC said quoting the medical report of the DHQ Hospital.
Rest of two injured persons were discharged from the hospital after due Medicare, he added.
Mirpur earthquake death toll rises to 39; over ... 04:32 PM | 26 Sep, 2019
LAHORE – Another injured of Jhelum earthquake died in Azad Kashmir, lifting the toll to 39 on Thursday, officials ...
The devastating September 24 earthquake-stricken Mirpur is facing frequent aftershocks almost daily since the major catastrophe and successive severe tremors on September 26 left at least 39 people dead and over 800 injured besides huge damaging of the buildings in Mirpur city and adjoining areas of Jatlaan leaving hundreds of thousands of the people shelter less badly affecting the daily life.
Severe panic gripped the entire local population Sunday again after the city and adjoining areas were shaken by the tremors of a couple of seconds.
At the same time, authorities are fully alert and vigilant to deal with any identical eventuality in the area.
- French prime minister resigns01:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Hayme Ana from Diriliş: Ertuğrul is a phenomenal actress: Aisha ...12:38 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Better compliance of SOPs by people helped to contain spread of ...12:37 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020