Pregnant women killed for ‘honour’ allegedly by brother in Khairpur
The 25-year-old woman, who was also the mother of one, had court marriage with a man belongs to another cast in August 2016 without the family consent.
The accused, brother of the deceased, was angered over the act and he opened fire on her when she was asleep in her family home on Friday night. The incident happened within the jurisdiction of Wada Machhoon police station in Khairpur.
A case has been registered under Section 302 (premeditated murder) of Pakistan Penal Code against the prime suspect, victim’s father and three others. Raids are being conducted to arrest the remaining suspects.
Talking to media, the husband of the killed woman said that she was taken away from his house about six months ago by her family with a promise that she will be sent back after delivery of the second child.
He alleged that his wife was killed by her brother after a jirga declared her 'Kari' for marrying of her own will.
He added that the woman was killed a day before she was to appear before the Sukkur bench of the Sindh High Court (SHC), where he had filed a petition for the recovery of his wife.
- Historic as 4-year-old Pakistani girl becomes youngest Microsoft ...06:26 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021