ECP stays notification of Imran Khan's victory from all five constituencies
Imran emerged victorious across all five seats he contested from: Bannu NA-35, Islamabad NA-53 , Mianwali NA-95, Lahore NA-131 and Karachi NA-243. The ECP, however, has withheld notification of this electoral victories.
According to the electoral body, the notifications have not been issued for the constituencies wherein the courts have issued stay orders or there are inquiries underway.
The core reason behind the development is the controversy regarding Imran Khan's display of his ballot when his cast his vote in NA-53 on July 25.
PM-in-waiting Imran Khan appears before NAB in ... 01:45 PM | 7 Aug, 2018
PESHAWAR - The Prime Minister-in-waiting, Imran Khan turned up before the Peshawar bureau of National Accountability ...
Moreover, as Pakistan Muslim league Nawaz leader Khawaja Saad Rafique has moved court seeking a recount in NA-131, the victory notification has not been issued for the said constituency.
What mars the jubilation of PTI chief is the fact that the Election Commission of Pakistan has issued conditional notifications of victory for NA-95 Minawali, NA-243 Karachi and NA-35 Bannu.
Media reports implied that Khan will be retaining the seat of NA-95 Minawali and vacate the rest of four constituencies.
The ECP also withheld victory notifications for Faisalabad NA-108 where Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Abid Sher Ali secured a plurality of votes. The Lahore High Court (LHC)also stayed victory notifications of former National Assembly speaker Ayaz Sadiq from Faisalabad NA-103.
- Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves fall below $8 billion11:16 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- WWF-Pakistan hosts international conference to tackle fisheries ...10:52 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Al-Ghazi Tractors launches 2023 models in Pakistan10:39 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Hania Aamir and Farhan Saeed gear up for another project08:57 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Tuba Anwar's latest fun reels win the internet08:37 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022