PM Imran Khan lauds Yasir Shah for smashing 82-year Test record
The premier on Thursday congratulated the 32-year old cricketer for his stellar performance.
Congratulations to Yasir Shah who broke an 82 year old record held by an Australian & became the fastest bowler to reach the 200 test wickets' milestone in just 33 matches. Last week he had equalled my record of 14 wickets in a test match. Stellar performance.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) December 7, 2018
A day earlier, Yasir Shah broke the 82-year record of Australian leg-spinner Clarrie Grimmett’s 200 wickets in 36 Tests achieved in 1936, the Pakistani leg-spinner achieved the milestone during the ongoing third and final Test against New Zealand in Abu Dhabi.
Yasir, currently playing his 33rd Test, now leads the list after usurping Australia’s Clarrie Grimmet, who reached the 200-wicket mark in 36 matches.
Yasir Shah becomes fastest to 200 Test wickets, ... 11:47 AM | 6 Dec, 2018
ABU DHABI – Pakistan’s star bowler Yasir Shah has set a new record in the cricket world by becoming the fastest ...
Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin is third on the list with 37 Test matches whereas Australian great Dennis Lillee and Pakistan legend Waqar Younis share fourth place having taken 200 Test wickets in 38 Test matches each.
The 32-year-old has had a superb series against New Zealand, claiming 27 wickets in the tournament — his best-ever tally in any three-match series.
- Samsung launches SmartThings Find, a new way to quickly locate your ...03:14 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Bakhtawar's fiancé arrives in Karachi tomorrow10:58 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020