Education is government's top priority: PM Nawaz
He was addressing Oslo summit on Education for Development. He said education remains top priority of his Government.
He said the provinces are now spending even more than quarter of their annual budgets on education. The Federal Government too has also doubled its spending on education.
Nawaz said spending on education as a percentage of GDP would be increased from two to four percent in the tenure of the present Government.
He said their priority in education is to reduce drop out rate, improve quality of education and ensure good governance in education.
It is also their priority to improve quality of teacher and provide technical and vocational training to students.
The Prime Minister said we must unit to fight illiteracy and ignorance to make the world a better place for humanity.
- Special immigration counter opened for Chinese nationals at Islamabad ...11:36 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Afghan protesters storm Pakistan High Commission in London10:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- IT ministry makes use of indigenous messaging app mandatory for govt ...10:08 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s fastest train makes debut in China09:24 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- DG ISI arrives in Beijing for strategic talks with Chinese officials08:47 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain welcome first baby03:16 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani stars demand #JusticeForNoor02:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021