Saudi-led coalition downs Houthi drone launched at Kingdom
SANAA – Saudi coalition forces have intercepted and downed drones launched by Yemen's Houthi rebels in Sanaa province.
Coalition Forces Spokesman Colonel Turki al-Malik said that their forces had intercepted and downed the drones in midair, according to the Saudi Press Agency.
He said that the continuous attempts by the Houthi militia to target civilians will be constantly confronted by foiling them and neutralizing their hostile capabilities in accordance with international humanitarian law.
The Saudi-led Arab coalition fighting Houthis in Yemen denied rebels' claim that their drones hit two Saudi airports, Saudi state media said.
Earlier, a pro-Houthi news channel said that Qasef-2K drones delivered precision strikes on "military sites" at the Jizan and Abha airports in southern Saudi Arabia earlier in the day.
But the coalition forces spokesman rejected the claims and warned Houthis that the coalition would continue confronting and foiling rebel attacks on civilian infrastructure.
Houthis have launched a series of attacks on the two airports in the past months, killing one Syrian resident and injuring dozens of civilians, including children.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020