PM Imran Khan Invites foreign companies to benefit from Pakistan's e-commerce Policy
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday invited foreign companies to invest in Pakistan taking benefit from the country's huge business opportunities under the new e-commerce policy.
In a meeting with Chairman of supervisory Board Huawei, Li Jie along with his delegation, at PM Office, the prime minister urged them to involve brilliant young minds of Pakistan working in technical fields.
Khan also highlighted availability of inexpensive labour and competent and enterprising youth potential of the country which would help the foreign countries to further grow.
He further said that expertise in providing import substitution and advancement in technical automation operation launched in collaboration with students of NUST and GIK would be of great advantage.
Chairman Li Jie informed the Pakistani premier about the progress being made by the company in the network domain. They have successfully established a new ecosystem so as to become independent of reliance on companies enjoying the monopoly in the field.
The possibility of relocation of manufacturing units to Pakistan also came under discussion.
Li Jie said he was really impressed with the intellect of the Pakistani students, who were running a programme of merit awards to the students of NAMAL .
Chairman Board of Investment Syed Zubair Haider Gillani, Secretary Commerce Sardar Ahmed Nawaz Sukhera, Secretary IT Shoaib Ahmed Siddiqui were present.
- HUAWEI Y9 Prime 64 GB version with pop-up camera goes on sale05:50 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- AIOU digitalizes its system facilitating online admissions05:29 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Flour price reaches Rs70 per kg in Lahore04:37 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Azhar, Misbah,Babar,Imad and Shan attend The Cube Design Service's ...04:04 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Ariana Grande being sued for copyright over hit single '7 Rings' by ...03:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019