PM Imran Khan Invites foreign companies to benefit from Pakistan's e-commerce Policy
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday invited foreign companies to invest in Pakistan taking benefit from the country's huge business opportunities under the new e-commerce policy.
In a meeting with Chairman of supervisory Board Huawei, Li Jie along with his delegation, at PM Office, the prime minister urged them to involve brilliant young minds of Pakistan working in technical fields.
Khan also highlighted availability of inexpensive labour and competent and enterprising youth potential of the country which would help the foreign countries to further grow.
He further said that expertise in providing import substitution and advancement in technical automation operation launched in collaboration with students of NUST and GIK would be of great advantage.
Chairman Li Jie informed the Pakistani premier about the progress being made by the company in the network domain. They have successfully established a new ecosystem so as to become independent of reliance on companies enjoying the monopoly in the field.
The possibility of relocation of manufacturing units to Pakistan also came under discussion.
Li Jie said he was really impressed with the intellect of the Pakistani students, who were running a programme of merit awards to the students of NAMAL .
Chairman Board of Investment Syed Zubair Haider Gillani, Secretary Commerce Sardar Ahmed Nawaz Sukhera, Secretary IT Shoaib Ahmed Siddiqui were present.
- Re-polling in NA-259: initial results show Shahzain Bugti leading07:10 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- AIOU sets up nine new offices at less-developed regions06:47 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- UN calls for action to tackle global road safety crisis03:28 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- CCW convention makes progress on key issues of deadly autonomous ...03:24 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Queen Maxima of Netherlands to arrive in Pakistan on Nov 2501:12 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019