KSE-100 plunges over 1,000 points in intra-day trading
The benchmark KSE 100-share index was down 3.17 per cent, or 1073.78 points, trading at 32817.30.
Traders said that, after flight of foreign investment, local investors had also begun to withdraw their capital from the market.
Analysts attributed the bearish trend at the KSE to declines at other Asian markets.
Stock markets in Shanghai and Hong Kong gave up early gains to end lower Monday as dealers await fresh Chinese economic data this week, amid fears weak figures will spark more turmoil.
Shanghai's benchmark index fell 2.52 percent, or 79.75 points, to 3,080.42. However, the Shenzhen Composite Index, which tracks stocks on China´s second exchange, edged up 0.20 percent, or 3.38 points, to 1,677.33.
In Hong Kong the Hang Seng Index shed 1.23 percent, or 257.09 points, to close at 20,583.52.
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021