Terrorists will not be allowed to destroy again peace of Swat: General Raheel
He said this during his visit to Mela in Kalam on Monday.
He appreciated people of Swat for playing a vital role in support of security forces in revival of peace in the area and bringing festivals and tourism back to the valley, said an ISPR press release.
The COAS said dark-age of terrorism prevailed in Malakand Division till a few years back and it had become impossible to hold such functions in Swat. But sacrifices and firm commitment of the valiant soldiers of Pakistan Army, civil forces and the local people has eliminated terrorism from Malakand Division.
Expressing hope that tourism will flourish in the beautiful land of Swat, the COAS assured that Army will always stand by people of Swat and help build capacity of civilian institutions.
He reiterated that terrorists will not be allowed to return to these areas and disrupt peace and stability of Swat. The COAS appreciated the organizers for arranging such an excellent event.
The Army Chief said peace has been established in Swat due to sacrifices rendered by the jawans of Pakistan Army. He said establishment of peace will promote tourism.
- Pakistan’s Babar Masih outclasses India’s Ishpreet Singh at ...01:44 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- A New SUV is Being Tested on the Roads of Pakistan01:35 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Australia’s tour of Pakistan after 23 years in doubt following NZ ...01:04 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Karachi man arrested for raping, abducting eight-year-old neighbour ...12:16 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- PIA to operate chartered flights to UK after Pakistan taken off ...11:48 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021