TTP ‘claims’ attacks on PTI’s Aslam Iqbal, QWP’s Umer
The TTP spokesman, Muhammad Khurasani made the claim via an email that was appeared on several jihadi websites which regularly feature content from the TTP and other militant groups.
However, the electronically sent statement could not be independently verified.
The PTI leader and MPA, Mian Muhammad Aslam Iqbal survived an armed attack on Sunday night, when at least eight gunmen on four motorbikes showered bullets at his Dera (a place normally used for visitors and private guests).
In other incident, Mr Umar, who was a former tehsil nazim, was standing near his house when two motorcyclists wearing masks approached and opened indiscriminate fire on him. He died instantly while the attackers fled the crime scene.
Meanwhile, TTP also claimed the responsibility for an attack on police party in Dera Ghazi Khan on Sunday.
"All the activities successfully carried out by STF special commandos", the email reads.
- Baby’s head removed from body as Pakistani woman gives birth at ...01:51 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Inzamam-ul-Haq in hospital after heart attack01:20 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Dr Zakir Naik takes to Facebook in search of wife for son12:12 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- French President Macron comes under egg attack during visit to trade ...11:44 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Maryam Nawaz and Kubra Khan look stunning in similar outfits06:04 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Hande Subaşı's singing video goes viral04:25 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah shares unseen childhood photo05:26 PM | 27 Sep, 2021