Trust deficit exists in Pak-US relations, Imran tells US delegation
ISLAMABAD - The Acting US Ambassador John Hoover along with a delegation met the Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and Prime Minister-in-waiting Imran Khan at the Chairman’s Secretariat in Banigala, and discussed Pak-US bilateral relations besides other issues of mutual interest.
He said that he always stressed upon to resolve the Afghanistan issue politically, adding it’s a pleasing sign that voices are being raised in the United States also to politically resolve issues.
Khan said that Pakistan-US relations witnessed several ups and downs in the history. The PTI chairman said that we want better relations with all countries. “There is a trust deficit between Pakistan and the US ,” he added.
Moreover, he said that PTI is determined to strengthen Pakistan’s ties with the United States based on mutual trust.
Imran Khan said that they consider it important for both the countries to have stable trade and economic relations, added that it’s need of the hour that Pakistan and the US establish stronger diplomatic ties.
During the meeting, the acting US ambassador felicitates Imran Khan on his party’s thumping victory on July 25 general elections. John Hoover said that the US wants to strengthen the relationship with Pakistan.
Imran Khan accepts President Rouhani’s ... 07:50 PM | 8 Aug, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Wednesday invited Pakistan’s Prime Minister-designate ImranKhan for a ...
- No report of any confirmed coronavirus case in Pakistan, says Dr Zafar08:40 AM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Hard times over, country heading towards progress, prosperity: PM ...11:47 PM | 26 Jan, 2020
- US consulate Lahore to start visa service; says CG Katherine Rodriguez11:30 PM | 26 Jan, 2020
- Agha Ali reacts to rumours with Hina Altaf04:19 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Brad Pitt takes ownership of mistakes that ruined his and Aniston's ...01:55 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PISA 2020: Sajal Aly bags nomination for ‘Best TV Actress’ award01:45 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019