CJP asks for report over delay in Tayyaba torture case
Chief Justice Pakistan Justice Mian Saqib Nisar showed his displeasure that even after the passage of a year, the trial is still incomplete.
The Supreme Court bench was informed by the counsel of Tayyaba that the high court had dismissed the parent's compromise request. To which, the bench asked about the case's progress.
The bench remarked the court has to take the role of parents, where parents fail. Generally, parents take the money and agree to compromise, and in a situation like this, where children don't have anyone to look out for them, the judiciary has to make sure that they get whatever justice they deserve.
The apex court bench has asked the IHC to submit a report on the case tomorrow (Tuesday).
Tayabba, a 10-year-old house help, was recovered in December 2016 from the house of Additional Session Judge Raja Khurram Ali Khan after neighbours complained.
The child initially denied being tortured by her employers and told police that she got hurt after falling from stairs, while her hand was burnt accidentally. However, after being asked politely inquired by magistrate later, she stated that she was tortured by her employees for losing a broom.
After Tayyaba's statement, an inquiry report confirmed the torture marks on her body. According to the report, 22 marks were found on the minor girl's body. The main suspect in the case, Additional Session Judge Raja Khurram Ali Khan's wife, was arrested in December 2016.
In an unexpected turn of events, tayabba's father forgave the suspect and said before the court that he had "no objections" to the court granting bail to the suspects. Thus, the judge's wife was granted bail at Rs30,000.
Father of allegedly tortured Islamabad maid ... 02:05 PM | 3 Jan, 2017
ISLAMABAD - The father of a child maid allegedly tortured by an additional district and sessions judge forgave the ...
Supreme Court took Suo Motu action and summoned the child's parents to the court, however, they disappeared mysteriously along with Tayabba. The child maid was recovered by Law enforcement agencies from a suburban area of the federal capital.
Tortured child maid Tayyaba recovered from ... 07:01 PM | 8 Jan, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Law enforcement agencies recovered Tayyaba - a 10-year-old maid who was allegedly tortured by the family of ...
- Pakistan extends Benazir Kafalat Programme to transgender community11:17 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Security forces kill terrorist commander in North Waziristan10:50 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Iqra Aziz has the sweetest birthday wish for Yasir Hussain10:25 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Emirati themed Jazz and Opera concerts captivate visitors to ...09:59 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- 'Mastermind' of Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder detained in USA07:56 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Armeena Khan claps back at haters trolling her for her maternity ...09:22 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022