UK Secretary of State Justine Greening calls on Sartaj Aziz
Sartaj Aziz expressed hope that the momentum generated from the third Pak-UK Enhanced Strategic Dialogue would result in sustained follow-up actions.
He said that the DFID's programme had been progressing well in Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and had underscored the need for its expansion to Sindh and Balochistan as well.
He said that Pakistan would also welcome British assistance in the reconstruction of areas affected by military operation against terrorists.
Secretary Greening appreciated the concrete steps taken by the present government to improve the socio-economic conditions of Pakistan.
She reiterated UK's commitment to extend further development assistance to Pakistan, particularly in the areas of health and education.
- Pakistan, Thailand seal victories in ICC Women's Cricket World Cup ...12:20 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mob sets police station on fire in Pakistan over 'desecration' of ...11:45 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Indian woman visits Pakistan with husband, converts to Islam, marries ...11:12 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- WHO member states reach consensus on future pandemic treaty10:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Profile: Who is Malik Riaz, the owner of Bahria Town?10:12 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir spotted enjoying Asim Azhar's concert in Karachi06:21 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Juvaria Abbasi and Anoushey Abbasi's mother passes away05:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari shares new adorable photo with son Mir Hakim04:45 PM | 29 Nov, 2021